Almond, Lemon & Blueberry Bread
A delicious and dense loaf that is gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free!
- 2 + ½ cups almond meal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of blueberries (3/4 cup for mixture & ¼ for topping)
- 1/4 cup flaked almonds (topping)
- Preheat a fan forced oven to 180C.
- Line a loaf pan with baking paper or alternatively grease with some coconut oil.
- In a large bowl mix together the almond meal, baking powder and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the eggs, coconut oil, lemon zest & juice, maple syrup and vanilla.
- Stir the wet mixture into the dry & then gently fold through the blueberries.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan and then top with the extra blueberries and flaked almonds.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and set aside for 5 minutes before slicing & serving.
Rebecca Pope Sydney Lifestyle Blogger https://rebeccapope.com.au/