An Aussie classic that is made in abundance in April each year! These biccies make for a great lunch box snack for the kids or afternoon tea for parents, served with a warm cuppa. Delish!
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup oats
- ¾ cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 150g butter, melted
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
- 1 tablespoon of boiling water
- Preheat a fan-forced oven to 160C and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- In a large bowl place the oats, flour, sugar & coconut and mix to combine.
- In a cup, stir the bicarb soda and boiling water together and then add to the dry mix.
- Lastly, add the golden syrup and butter into the dry mix and stir thoroughly until all ingredients are well combined.
- Place tablespoon amounts of the mixture onto the baking trays and then flatten slightly with a fork or spoon.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until golden in colour.
- Allow the biscuits to cool on the baking trays for 5 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
Rebecca Pope Sydney Food & Lifestyle Blogger https://rebeccapope.com.au/