Banana & Buckwheat Pancakes
A fantastic gluten-free option to have for breakfast on the weekend or made into mini pikelets for the kid’s lunchboxes! The nutty flavour of the buckwheat goes perfectly with the sweetness of the banana. These pancakes are super moreish, whilst also being a great source of fibre and protein.
- 1 ½ cups buckwheat flour
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons baking powder (gluten free)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup/honey
- maple syrup
- toasted banana slices
- mixed berries
- bee pollen
- greek yoghurt
- In a large bowl mix together the buckwheat flour, cinnamon and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl mix the eggs, banana, vanilla, milk and sweetener of choice.
- Gently stir through the wet ingredients into the dry and combine until you get a thick but runny consistency.
- Scoop ¼ cup of batter into a well buttered fry pan. If space permits, you can add a few more in the same pan.
- Cook pancakes on each side for 1-2 minutes or until bubbles start to appear on the top. Flip over and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Serve with your chosen toppings and a generous drizzle of maple syrup.
Rebecca Pope Sydney Lifestyle Blogger https://rebeccapope.com.au/