A delicious mexican feast for the whole family.
- 8 x tortillas
- 1 & ½ cups grated cheddar cheese
- 500g beef mince
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 420gm can black beans
- 2 tablespoon olive oil, for frying
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 400ml passata
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 avocado, diced
- ½ tomato, diced
- ¼ small red onion, finely diced
- 1 handful coriander leaves
- Preheat a fan forced oven to 180C and lightly grease a deep baking dish.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and sauté the onion and garlic for 2 minutes. Add in the beef and cook off for 3 minutes before stirring in the black beans and half of the spice mix. Cook for a further 2 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Place the passata, seasoning and remaining spice mix into a saucepan over medium heat. Gradually add in the flour, whisking regularly for 3-4 minutes or until the mixture is smooth and thickened. Remove from the stove and set aside.
- To assemble the enchiladas, spoon 1/8th of the beef mixture onto the lower third of a tortilla and roll up to enclose. Place it seam side down into the baking dish. Repeat with the remaining mixture and tortillas. Pour over the sauce and sprinkle on the cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is lightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow it to cool for 5-10 minutes before topping it with the salsa and serving.
Rebecca Pope Sydney Food & Lifestyle Blogger https://rebeccapope.com.au/