Beef & Veggie Sausage Rolls
My kids absolutely LOVE these! A great ‘healthier’ alternative to the highly processed store bought sausage rolls, which are usually full of preservatives and additives. They are super easy to put together and the kids will love helping out in the kitchen… win win! These bite sized snacks are freezer friendly (uncooked), so perfect for when you have guests pop over & nothing prepared. Warning: they are highly addictive!
- 500g beef mince
- 2 sheets of puff pastry
- 60g tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon of mixed herbs
- 1/2 onion, grated
- 1/2 zucchini, grated
- 1/2 carrot, grated
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 eggs (1 in the mix, 1 for the egg wash)
- 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds
- Pinch of salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Combine the mince, 1 egg, grated veggies, garlic, tomato paste & seasoning together in a bowl.
- Bring the pastry out of the freezer and place on a bench top/chopping board. Cut each pastry sheet in half.
- Divide the sausage mixture into four equal portions, roll into sausage shapes and place the mixture in the centre of the pastry sheets.
- Fold both sides over the filling and with your fingers, press down gently to seal the pastry. Flip the sausage roll over, so the seam is downward facing.
- Brush the pastry with the egg wash and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Gently cut the sausage rolls into quarters and place on a lined baking tray.
- Bake for 20–25 minutes or until cooked through.
Rebecca Pope Sydney Lifestyle Blogger https://rebeccapope.com.au/