The perfect brekkie on-the-go that’s full of fibre, good fats and protein.
- 1 & 1/2 cups wholemeal self-raising flour
- ½ cup oats
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup brown sugar/honey/maple syrup
- ½ cup oil (I use vegetable, macadamia or coconut oil)
- ¼ cup yoghurt
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup milk (I use cows, oat or coconut milk)
- 1 cup walnuts
- 2 apples, chopped
- Sliced apple
- Mixed Seeds
- Preheat an oven to 180C and line/spray a 12-cup muffin tray.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, baking powder, oats, desiccated coconut and cinnamon and then make a well in the centre.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, yoghurt, vanilla, sugar and oil. Then slowly stir through the walnuts and chopped apple.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir well until all ingredients are combined.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into the prepared muffin pan & then add your chosen toppings. My favourites are crushed walnuts or sliced apple!
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Rebecca Pope Sydney Lifestyle Blogger https://rebeccapope.com.au/