Cauliflower, Apple & Halloumi Salad with a Parsley Dressing
A delicious nutrient dense salad with a zesty green dressing.
- 1 cauliflower, cut into florets (*Any colour variety)
- 1 green apple, cored & finely sliced
- 60g rocket leaves
- 180g halloumi, sliced
- 1 tablespoon pistachios
- 1 tablespoon pepitas
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 anchovies
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Preheat a fan-forced oven to 180C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the florets onto the tray and drizzle over 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and then sprinkle on some seasoning. Toss with your hands to coat all of the florets.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, turning half way through.
- Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Cook the halloumi for 2-3 minutes per side or until golden. Set aside on a plate.
- To make the dressing, place all of the ingredients into a tall jar and blend with a stick blender, until smooth.
- Assemble the salad by placing the rocket leaves on the base of a serving dish. Top with the baked florets, apple and halloumi. Sprinkle over the pistachios and pepitas and then drizzle over the green dressing right before serving.
Rebecca Pope Sydney Food & Lifestyle Blogger https://rebeccapope.com.au/