Chicken, Bacon & Mushroom Risotto
A warm and hearty meal that the whole family will enjoy.
- 2 chicken breasts, diced
- 4 bacon rashes, diced
- 6-8 mushrooms, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2.5 cups Arborio rice
- 1-1.2L chicken stock
- 150ml cooking cream
- 1 teaspoon salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons shaved parmesan, to serve
- 1 large bunch of chopped parsley, ½ into the risotto and ½ to serve
- Optional extras: Peas, spinach
- In a large pan, saute the garlic and onion in olive oil for 2-3 minutes, then remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the chicken, bacon and mushrooms to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes until the chicken has slightly lightened in colour. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the butter and arborio rice to the pan and toss to coat the grains for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the chicken, bacon, garlic, mushrooms and onion mix and add in 2 cups of stock. Season with salt and pepper and gently stir.
- When the stock has absorbed, add another cup and continue to simmer and gently stir. Continue this process until all the stock is used. It should take around 20-25 minutes for the rice to become tender.
- Lastly, stir in the cream and half of the chopped parsley. Optional: Stir through peas or spinach leaves.
- Spoon into a large serving bowl and top with shaved parmesan and the remaining parsley. Enjoy!
Rebecca Pope Sydney Food & Lifestyle Blogger https://rebeccapope.com.au/