Chilli Plum Eggplant Stir Fry
A quick vegetarian mid-week meal that’s bursting with plenty of flavour.
Write a review
- 2 eggplants, peeled and chopped into 3cm cubes
- 1 spring onion, sliced
- 1 long red chilli, sliced
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons of peanut oil, for frying
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons plum sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic or black vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 long red chilli, finely sliced
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Place the oil into a wok and cook the eggplant for 4-5 minutes, tossing regularly.
- Meanwhile, place all the ingredients for the marinade into a bowl and whisk to combine.
- In a separate small bowl, mix together the cornflour and water until smooth.
- Pour the marinade into the wok and toss the eggplant for another 3-4 minutes before pouring in the cornflour mix and half of the spring onion. Toss for another 2 minutes or until the eggplant looks tender and the marinade is caramelised and glossy.
- Spoon the eggplant stir-fry into two bowls and serve with a side of steamed rice & asian greens. Top the eggplant with some extra sliced chilli, spring onion and sesame seeds.
Rebecca Pope Sydney Lifestyle Blogger https://rebeccapope.com.au/