Chilli & Garlic Prawn Pasta
A quick mid-week dinner, that’s perfect in these warmer months.
- 600gm large raw prawns
- 500gm spaghetti
- 2 long red chillies, finely sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 handful parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon baby capers
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Zest of ¼ lemon
- 2 tablespoon of olive oil
- Pinch of salt & pepper
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Handful of chopped parlsey, for serving
Optional extras (to be added in step 4)
- 1 handful of rocket leaves
- 150gm cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Cook the spaghetti in rapidly boiling water until al dente. Drain under cold water and set aside.
- Meanwhile to prepare the prawns, shell and devein them all, leaving the tails intact. Using a small sharf knife carefully butterfly the prawns, making sure not to cut all the way through.
- In a large and deep frypan, cook the onion and garlic off for 2 minutes. Add in another 1 tablespoon of olive oil and add the prawns. Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until they become a pale white colour.
- Add the cooked pasta, capers, parsley, lemon juice & zest into the pan and stir well. Season with salt and pepper and toss through for another 1-2 minutes, before taking off the heat and serving.
- Spoon into bowls and top with some extra parsley and sliced chilli.
Rebecca Pope Sydney Food & Lifestyle Blogger https://rebeccapope.com.au/