Choc, Chia and Banana Muffins
A nutritious lunchbox addition or after school snack.
- 2 cups self raising flour, sifted
- ½ cup cacao powder (or cocoa), sifted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup natural yoghurt
- 2 bananas, mashed
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat a fan-forced oven to 180C and line or grease a 12-hole muffin tin.
- Place the chia seeds and milk in a bowl and set aside for a few minutes.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, cinnamon and cacao/cocoa powder.
- In a separate bowl mix together the eggs, yoghurt, banana, oil, sugar and vanilla.
- Stir through the chia seed mixture.
- Add the wet mixture into the dry and stir for 1-2 minutes and until well combined.
- Spoon the batter into the 12 muffin holes.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes or until a skewer inserted, comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool in the muffin tin for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool further.
Rebecca Pope Sydney Food & Lifestyle Blogger https://rebeccapope.com.au/