Choc Hazelnut & Chia Cake (Gluten & Dairy Free)
A great nut based alternative to a rich chocolatey cake.
- 4 tablespoons chia seeds (soaked in 1 cup of water for 15 mins)
- ½ cup cocoa powder, sifted
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 5 medium eggs
- 1 cup hazelnut meal
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder
- 1 cup maple syrup, honey or rapidura sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat a fan-forced oven to 160C and line or grease a cake tin.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and whisk for 1-2 minutes and until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared cake tin and bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Allow the cake to cool for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Dust with a little icing sugar or chopped nuts before serving.
- Gluten and Dairy Free
Rebecca Pope Sydney Lifestyle Blogger https://rebeccapope.com.au/