Chorizo, Halloumi & Pearl Cous Cous Salad
A delicious and filling salad that's full of zingy and fresh flavours
- 1 cup pearl cous cous
- 1 vegetable or chicken stock cube
- 5 cups water
- 1 chorizo, sliced
- 180gm halloumi, sliced
- 100gm cherry or solanata tomatoes, halved
- ½ red onion, diced
- ½ cucumber, diced
- 1 cup fresh herbs (parlsey, mint, coriander)
- 2 radishes, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Place the pearl cous cous, water and stock cube into a saucepan and bring to the boil. Once at a boil, reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 8-10 minutes or until the cous cous is tender. Drain and set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large frying pan, cook the sliced chorizo and halloumi for 1-2 minutes per side or until lightly browned. Set aside to cool.
- Place the cooled cous cous, chorizo, halloumi and remainder of the ingredients into a serving bowl and toss to combine.
- Lastly, combine the salad dressing ingredients in a small bowl and stir to combine. Just before serving the salad, drizzle the dressing over the salad.
Rebecca Pope Sydney Food & Lifestyle Blogger https://rebeccapope.com.au/