Fig, Walnut & Coconut Muffins
The perfect pairing of sweet and nutty delicious-ness!
- 2 ½ cups wholemeal self raising flour
- 1 cup desicatted coconut
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (3/4 cup in the mixture & ¼ for the topping)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup oil (vegetable, macadamia or coconut oil)
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup yoghurt
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 5 figs (3 cubed for the mixture, 2 sliced figs for the topping)
- Preheat an oven to 180C and line/spray a 12-cup muffin tray.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, coconut, & cinnamon and make a well in the centre of the dry mix.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, yoghurt, vanilla, maple syrup and oil. Then slowly stir through the walnuts and cubed figs
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir well until all ingredients are combined.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into the prepared muffin holes & then add the extra sliced figs and walnuts for the topping!
- Bake for 16-18 minutes or until the tops are lightly browned.
Rebecca Pope Sydney Lifestyle Blogger https://rebeccapope.com.au/