Healthy Indian Butter Chicken
A healthy twist on one of my favourite Indian dishes.
- 800g chicken thighs, cubed
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 400g tomato passata
- ¾ cup greek yoghurt
- ¾ cups low-fat thickened cream
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, for cooking
- basmati rice, to serve
- naan bread, to serve
- coriander, to serve
- Place the chicken, yoghurt, garlic, ginger and spices into a large bowl. Stir well so that all of the chicken is coated. Cover with cling wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes (If time doesn’t permit for marinating, don’t stress!)
- Heat the coconut oil in a large saucepan or deep frypan, over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until softened.
- Add the chicken mixture to pan along with the passata and cream. Give the ingredients a good stir through, so that everything is well combined.
- Bring to the boil and then reduce the heat to low. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until the chicken is tender and the mixture has thickened.
- Serve warm with basmati rice, naan bread & garnish with some coriander.
Rebecca Pope Sydney Lifestyle Blogger https://rebeccapope.com.au/