Macadamia & Panko Crumbed Fish
A fresh and healthy family dinner, ready in less than 40 minutes.
- 4 skinless white fish fillets
- 3/4 cup macadamias
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 sweet potato
- 3 potatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups mixed salad, to serve
- lemon wedges, to serve
- Preheat a fan forced oven to 200C and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Cut the sweet potato and potato into even sized chips and lay onto the baking tray. Drizzle over 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place into the oven and cook for 20-25 minutes.
- Place the flour in a shallow bowl and set aside. Place the whisked eggs into a second shallow bowl and set aside.
- Place the macadamias, breadcrumbs, parsley, lemon and garlic salt in a food processor and blend until the macadamias are finely chopped. Pour the mixture into a third shallow bowl.
- Dust a piece of fish in the flour, dip into the egg and finally coat in the macadamia mixture. Repeat with the remaining fish.
- Heat the rest of the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Place the fish into the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Serve the fish and chips with a side of mixed leaves and some lemon wedges.
Rebecca Pope Sydney Food & Lifestyle Blogger https://rebeccapope.com.au/