Marbled Chocolate Bundt Cake
An indulgent and sweet afternoon tea treat.
1 hr 5 min
1 hr 5 min
- 6 eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups caster sugar
- 1 cup natural or greek yoghurt
- 160gm butter, melted
- 2 cups self raising flour, sifted
- 180gm block of dark chocolate, melted
- Preheat a fan-forced oven to 160C and generously grease a bundt pan.
- Using an electic mixer, beat the egg yolks, vanilla and sugar for 2-3 minutes and until pale and creamy.
- Whilst the electric mixer is on low, gradually add in the yoghurt, butter and then the flour. Mix until all the ingredients are well combined, making sure to scrape down the sides when needed.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites for 3-4 minutes or until soft peaks form.
- Fold the egg whites into the egg yolk mixture and then gently stir through the melted chocolate to create a marbled effect.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 50-55 minutes, or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow it to rest for 10 minutes before carefully turning the bundt out onto a wire rack to cool further.
- Once completely cooled, lightly dust the bundt cake with icing sugar if desired.
Rebecca Pope Sydney Food & Lifestyle Blogger https://rebeccapope.com.au/