Mexican Chicken Tacos with Mango Salsa
An easy 20 minute mid-week meal. These tacos are full of fresh and zesty flavours, making you definitely reach for more than one!
- 700gm chicken tenderloins
- 3 tablespoons mexican spice mix
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 12 corn or wheat tortillas
- 2 mangoes, diced
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1 bunch of coriander, chopped
- 1/4 red cabbage, finely shaved
- 1/4 white cabbage, finely shaved
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1 red & green chilli, chopped (*optional)
- Preheat a fan forced oven to 180C and line a baking tray.
- Place the chicken tenderloins in a bowl with the spice mix and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, and give it a good toss with your hands to help the coat all of the chicken pieces. (If time permits, you can cover and pop the chicken into the fridge to marinate further for a few hours).
- Once marinated, place the chicken tenderloins onto the baking tray and place in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make the salsa place all of the ingredients into a bowl and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Using a spoon gently toss the ingredients to combine well.
- Set aside until the chicken is out of the oven.
- To heat the tortillas, preheat a frying pan over med-high heat and cook the tortillas for 20-30 seconds per side.
- Once the chicken is cooked through and removed from the oven, serve it warm on a platter, with the tortillas and salsa.
- NB: These are super delicious served with a squeeze of chipotle mayo and fresh lime!
Rebecca Pope Sydney Food & Lifestyle Blogger https://rebeccapope.com.au/