Mixed Berry Galette
A Spring/Summer favourite in our household. This berry galette is ridiculously easy to whip together and deliciously mouthwatering.
- 1 sheet store-bought or homemade shortcrust pastry, thawed
- 350g mixed berries (*Whatever is in season. Sliced Strawberries, blueberries, raspberries or blackberries)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 egg, whisked
- Preheat a fan-forced oven 190C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the pastry on the lined baking tray.
- Combine the berries, sugar, cornflour, lemon juice and zest in a bowl.
- Spoon the mixture onto the pastry sheet, leaving a 2-3cm border.
- Fold the pastry edges over, enclosing as you go. Brush the edges with some of the whisked egg.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and serve with ice-cream, fresh cream or a dusting of icing sugar.
Rebecca Pope Sydney Food & Lifestyle Blogger https://rebeccapope.com.au/