Nut free & No bake Muesli Bars
A great homemade lunchbox snack that's going to satisfy and sustain your littlie's appetite at school!
4 hr 10 min
4 hr 10 min
- 1 & 1/2 cups oats
- 1 cup desicatted coconut
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sultanas
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries/cranberries
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (white/milk/dark)
- 2 tablespoons white sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 120gm butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons of choc chips, melted, to drizzle on top.
- Line a slice pan with baking paper or plastic wrap.
- In a large bowl, place all of the ingredients apart from the butter, honey and vanilla.
- Using a spoon, stir the dry ingredients together.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add in the honey and gently simmer for another 1-2 minutes or until light golden. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry and stir until well combined.
- Tip the muesli mixture into the prepared pan and using the back of a spoon of your hands, press the mixture down firmly so it's fairly flat.
- Drizzle the extra melted chocolate over the top and place in the fridge for 4 hours or until firm and set.
- Remove from the fridge and cut into 8 slices.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Rebecca Pope Sydney Food & Lifestyle Blogger https://rebeccapope.com.au/