Oat, Sultana & Chia Seed Cookies
A healthy lunchbox addition or breakfast cookie for the kids.
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (soaked in 2 tablespoons of water for 5 minutes)
- ½ cup maple or golden syrup
- 125gm butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sultanas
- Preheat a fan forced oven to 160C and line a tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, oats, cinnamon and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl mix together the egg, butter, vanilla, maple/golden syrup and chia seeds.
- Add the wet ingredients into the try and mix until well combined. Stir through the sultanas.
- Roll into tablespoon sized balls and place onto the baking tray. With your fingers or the back of a fork, press down gently to flatten the cookies slightly.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Rebecca Pope Sydney Lifestyle Blogger https://rebeccapope.com.au/