Pesto Crusted Salmon
A healthy and delicious mid-week meal, that is ready in less than 25 minutes.
- 4 Salmon Fillets
- 4 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cups pine nuts
- 3 garlic cloves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- NB: You can substitute 1-2 cups of basil with baby spinach if you prefer a lighter basil flavor.
- Preheat the oven to 200C and line a tray with baking paper.
- To make the pesto, pulse all pesto ingredients in a food processor until almost smooth.
- Lay the salmon fillets (skin side down) onto the baking tray and evenly spread the pesto mixture on top of the salmon.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, depending on the size of the fillets.
- Serve with mashed sweet potato, broccolini and a few wedges of lemon.
Rebecca Pope Sydney Food & Lifestyle Blogger https://rebeccapope.com.au/