Pineapple, Cherry & Honey Glazed Christmas Ham
This classic recipe will undoubtedly be a hit with your guests on Christmas day. It is extremely easy to prepare, ready in a total of 2 hours and the ultimate summer holiday dish…
1 hr 50 min
1 hr 50 min
- ½ leg of ham, on the bone (approx. 4kgs)
- 1 & ½ cans (600g) of pineapple slices in juice.
- 100g glacè cherries
- 1/3 cup kecap manis
- 1/3 cup strawberry jam
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup of pineapple juice (I used the juice from the tinned pineapple slices)
- 1 teaspoon Chinese 5 spice
- Handful of toothpicks
- Preheat a fan forced oven to 160C. Adjust an oven shelf to the lowest position of the oven.
- Line a large roasting tray with non-stick baking paper.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the rind around the edge of the ham. Carefully lift off the rind in one piece by running your fingers between the rind and the fat.
- Score the fat in a diamond pattern, this will help the glaze permeate into the meat.
- To make the glaze, mix together the honey, jam, pineapple juice, chinese 5 spice and kecap manis.
- Place the pineapple rings and glacè cherries over the scored fat, securing with toothpicks. Then pop the ham onto the toasting tray.
- Brush one-third of the glaze over the ham.
- Place the ham into the oven and cook for 1.5 hours, basting it with the glaze every 30 minutes.
- Once cooked, set aside for 10-15 minutes to rest. Remove toothpicks before carving the ham.
Rebecca Pope Sydney Lifestyle Blogger https://rebeccapope.com.au/