Pork, Apple & Fennel Sausage Rolls
Three unique flavours that are a match made in heaven!
- 500gm pork mince
- 1 small brown onion, grated
- 1 apple, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds, ground
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs (1 in the pork mixture, 1 for egg wash)
- 3 sheets puff pastry, partially thawed and cut in half
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, for topping
- Preheat oven to 200C & line 2 large baking trays with baking paper.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Saute the onion and garlic for 3 minutes, until translucent. Stir in the ground fennel seeds & grated apple and cook off for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- In a large bowl, place the onion mixture, pork mince, parsley, mustard, breadcrumbs, seasoning and 1 egg. Stir until the mixture is well combined.
- Divide the mixture into 6 and shape them into sausages. Place each portion onto 1 sheet of pastry and roll up to enclose. Cut them into 4-5cm pieces and place them seam-side down onto the lined baking trays.
- Lastly, brush the sausage rolls with some egg wash and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
- Set aside to cool for 5 minutes before serving with your condiment of choice
Rebecca Pope Sydney Lifestyle Blogger https://rebeccapope.com.au/