Proscuitto, Fennel, Halloumi & Apple Salad
A delicious mix of sweet, salty and bitter!
- 100gm rocket leaves
- 1 fennel, stalk removed & sliced
- 180gm halloumi, sliced
- 100gm prosciutto
- 1 small apple, finely sliced
- 1 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Rub the sliced fennel with half of the olive oil and then place in a heated frying pan over medium heat.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes per side and until tender.
- Wipe the pan clean with some kitchen paper and then drizzle the remainder of oil into the pan and cook the sliced halloumi for 2-3 minutes per side, or until golden brown.
- To assemble the salad, place the rocket leaves onto a large platter or serving bowl & top with all of the ingredients.
- Before serving, I like to drizzle mine with a few teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil.
Rebecca Pope Sydney Food & Lifestyle Blogger https://rebeccapope.com.au/