Pumpkin & Halloumi Salad
- 500g pumpkin, diced
- 60g spinach
- 60g rocket
- ½ red onion, finely sliced
- 150g mixed cherry tomatoes
- 180g halloumi, cut into 1cm slices
- 40g toasted pine nuts
- Olive Oil, Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Place the pumpkin on a baking tray and drizzle with 2 tbsp of olive oil. Mix together, so that all the pumpkin is evenly coated in oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 30 – 35 minutes, tossing the pumpkin at the halfway point.
- Heat a frypan on low-medium heat and add 1/2 tbsp olive oil. Fry halloumi pieces for approximately 2 minutes each side, or until browned.
- Be careful not to burn them, as they cook really fast!
- In a bowl, place the spinach, rocket, cherry tomatoes & sliced onion. Top with the baked pumpkin & fried halloumi, then top with the toasted pine nuts.
- Optional: Drizzle the salad with a few tablespoons of good quality extra virgin olive oil, salt & pepper.
Rebecca Pope Sydney Food & Lifestyle Blogger https://rebeccapope.com.au/