Quick Chicken Laksa
An easy mid-week dinner with hearty authentic Asian flavours.
Write a review
- 500gm chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons laksa paste
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 400ml coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 lime, juiced.
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, chopped
- 200gm packed of flat rice noodles
- 2 tablespoons peanut or vegetable oil, for frying
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 2 long red chillies, sliced
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1 cup coriander
- 1 cup mint
- Place the rice noodles in a large bowl and cover with boiling water.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a wok over medium heat. Add the laksa paste and fry for 1-2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Stir in the stock and coconut milk and bring to the boil. Add the sliced chicken, fish sauce, kaffir lime leaves & lime juice and then turn the heat down to a simmer and cook for 8-10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Drain the noodles and divide among serving bowl. Ladle the laksa ontop of the noodles and top with bean sprouts, coriander, spring onion, chilli and mint.
Rebecca Pope Sydney Lifestyle Blogger https://rebeccapope.com.au/