Quick Chicken Laksa
An easy mid-week dinner with hearty authentic Asian flavours.
- 500gm chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons laksa paste
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 400ml coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 lime, juiced.
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, chopped
- 200gm packed of flat rice noodles
- 2 tablespoons peanut or vegetable oil, for frying
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 2 long red chillies, sliced
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1 cup coriander
- 1 cup mint
- Place the rice noodles in a large bowl and cover with boiling water.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a wok over medium heat. Add the laksa paste and fry for 1-2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Stir in the stock and coconut milk and bring to the boil. Add the sliced chicken, fish sauce, kaffir lime leaves & lime juice and then turn the heat down to a simmer and cook for 8-10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Drain the noodles and divide among serving bowl. Ladle the laksa ontop of the noodles and top with bean sprouts, coriander, spring onion, chilli and mint.
Rebecca Pope Sydney Food & Lifestyle Blogger https://rebeccapope.com.au/