Raw Broccoli, Cranberry & Bacon Salad
The perfect sweet and savoury crunchy combo. It makes for a great side salad with a serving or protein or as a main for lunch!
- 2 large heads of broccoli, chopped
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup pepitas
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 3 rashes of Bacon, diced
- 1/3 cup aioli
- 1/3 cup natural yoghurt
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Place the chopped broccoli, red onion, pepitas and cranberries onto a serving platter.
- Place the chopped bacon in a frying pan and cook over medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes or until golden and crisp. Remove from pan and spread over the salad.
- To make the dressing, simply whisk together all of the ingredients.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and gently toss to coat all of the broccoli.
- * If you are entertaining, this salad can be made in advance and kept in the fridge. I find that when it sits for a few hours, the broccoli soaks up all of the flavours in the dressing and becomes extra moist and delicious!
Rebecca Pope Sydney Food & Lifestyle Blogger https://rebeccapope.com.au/