Raw Lemon & Lime Tarts (Vegan)
A zesty and nutty sweet treat, that would also be a fantastic make-ahead dessert option for a dinner party.
- 1 & 1/2 cups almonds
- 1/2 cup pistachios
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 20 fresh pitted dates, chopped
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
- 1 & 1/4 cup cashews
- 300ml coconut cream
- 1 lemon (juiced and the zest of half)
- 1 lime (juiced and the zest of half)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup/honey
- 1 Lime, finely sliced
- 1 Lemon, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup, for drizzle
- To soak the cashews, place them in a large bowl of boiling water and set aside for 2-3 hours to soften.
- Lightly grease 6 fluted tart tins (with removable bases) and place them on a large flat baking tray.
- Place the dates, pistachios, almonds, shredded coconut, maple syrup, coconut oil and salt in a food processor and process until finely chopped. If the mixture seems too dry, then add another dash of maple syrup or coconut oil to help bind the ingredients.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into the tart tins, and then use your fingers or the back of a teaspoon to firmly press the mixture onto the sides/base. Place in the freezer for 50-60 minutes to set.
- To make the filling, drain the cashews and place them into a blender with the coconut cream, maple syrup, lemon and lime rind & juice and then blend until the mixture has a smooth and creamy texture.
- Remove the tart tins from the freezer and pour the cashew mixture evenly into the tins.
- Place them back into the freezer for 2-3 hours, or until the mixture has completely set.
- To serve, gently transfer the tarts onto a serving place and top with lemon/lime slices and a drizzle of maple syrup.
Rebecca Pope Sydney Lifestyle Blogger https://rebeccapope.com.au/