San Choy Bau
A quick and healthy dinner option that’s ready in less than 20 minutes!
- 500g pork mince
- 2 tablespoon kecap manis
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 220g water chestnuts, finely chopped
- 200g bean sprouts, halved
- 5 button mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 10 lettuce leaves (Iceberg or cos lettuce)
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil or vegetable oil, for cooking
- Red Chilies, sliced
- Spring onion, sliced
- Chopped peanuts
- Sesame seeds
- Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan over high heat. Add in the garlic and ginger and saute for 30 seconds. Add in the pork mince and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the sauces, sesame oil, water chestnuts & mushrooms and cook through for a further 5 minutes, before stirring through the beansprouts and spring onions.
- Spoon the pork mixture into the lettuce cups & sprinkle on your chosen toppings.
Rebecca Pope Sydney Lifestyle Blogger https://rebeccapope.com.au/