Slow Cooker Lamb Shanks
My absolute favourite winter wamer! These tender & flavoursome shanks are the most perfect hearty meal on these cooler nights.
- 4 lamb shanks
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 sprigs rosemary or thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 cans of diced tomatoes
- 500ml beef stock
- 1 cup red wine
- ½ cup plain flour, for dusting the shanks
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, for frying
- mashed potato
- cauliflower mash
- minted peas
- steamed green beans.
- Place the flour, salt & pepper into a large zip lock bag and coat each shank evenly and then shake off any excess flour.
- Heat some oil in a large fry pan and sear the shanks for 1-2 minutes per side. While the lamb shanks are browning, place the rest of the ingredients in the slow cooker.
- One the shanks are seared, place them into the slow cooker, making sure they are all covered with liquid and then season with salt and pepper.
- Place the lid on and cook on the low setting for 6-8 hours.
- Serve warm with your chosen sides.
Rebecca Pope Sydney Lifestyle Blogger https://rebeccapope.com.au/