Spelt & Blueberry Pancakes
Sunday brekkie is now sorted! A nutritious breakfast option that is also high in fibre and full of antioxidants, so you’ll feel less guilty reaching for an extra serving!
- 2 cups wholemeal spelt flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 eggs, lightly whisked
- ½ cup maple syrup/honey
- 1.5 cups milk of choice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 1 punnet of blueberries
- 2 tablespoons of butter/coconut oil, for cooking
- Butter/ yoghurt
- Maple syrup
- Cacao nibs
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl mix together the eggs, vanilla essence, milk and maple syrup/honey.
- Stir the wet mix into the dry mix until well combined, scraping the sides of the bowl regularly.Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Heat a large non-stick pan over medium heat. Coat the pan with some butter or coconut oil.
- Spoon the mixture into the pan making sure the pancakes are fairly even in size.
- Flip the pancakes when the centre starts to bubble. Cook for a further 1-2 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve warm with butter, yoghurt, berries or a generous drizzle of maple syrup!
Rebecca Pope Sydney Food & Lifestyle Blogger https://rebeccapope.com.au/