Thai Pumpkin Soup
A hearty and asian-infused winter warmer.
- 1.5kg pumpkin, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 1 lemongrass stalk
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 1 handful coriander & extra for to garnish
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add in the onion and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes or until they have softened.
- Add in the pumpkin, lemongrass, ginger and stock and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes until the pumpkin has softened.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes, before discarding the lemongrass stalk.
- Blend the mixture with a handheld stick blender until smooth and creamy. Add in the coconut milk and coriander and blend for a further 20 seconds or until well combined.
- Spoon into serving bowls and top with some coriander.
Rebecca Pope Sydney Food & Lifestyle Blogger https://rebeccapope.com.au/