Patties that are super easy to whip up and extremely budget friendly.
- 4 potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 425gm can of tuna in brine/springwater, drained
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ shallot or onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon hot chilli sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ cup parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, for frying
- Cook the potatoes in boiling water until they are soft and tender. Drain well and then mash.
- Place all of the ingredients into a large bowl and mix until they well combined.
- Divide the mixture into 10 patties.
- Heat olive oil in a large fry pan and cook the patties over medium heat for 3-4 minutes each side. Once cooked, place them on some absorbent paper and allow them to cool for a few minutes before serving.
Rebecca Pope Sydney Food & Lifestyle Blogger https://rebeccapope.com.au/