Wholemeal Peanut Butter & Nutella Muffins
An extremely addictive muffin, with two delicious flavours that are undoubtedly a match made in heaven!
- 1.5 cups wholemeal self-raising flour (If you don’t have any, use regular self-raising flour)
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk of choice
- ½ cup yoghurt
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- ½ cup oil (vegetable, coconut or macadamia)
- 2/3 cup nutella
- ½ cup peanuts, roughly chopped as topping (optional)
- Preheat a fan-forced oven to 160C and grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
- Place the eggs, sugar, yoghurt, milk, vanilla , peanut butter and oil in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Sift in the flour and cinnamon and stir well.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin holes, filling half way. Add in a spoonful of nutella and then spoon the remainder of the peanut butter mixture into the holes, filling them ¾ full. Top with crushed peanuts now, if you choose to add them.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden. Allow the muffins to cool for a few minutes before removing them from the muffin tin and placing on a wire rack to cool completely.
Rebecca Pope Sydney Food & Lifestyle Blogger https://rebeccapope.com.au/