Wholemeal Spelt & Choc Chunk Banana Bread
A wholesome morning or afternoon tea treat, as well as the perfect snack to add to a school lunchbox.
1 hr 5 min
1 hr 5 min
- 2 large bananas, mashed
- 120gm butter, melted
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups wholemeal spelt flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 150gm dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- Preheat a fan forced oven to 170C and line or grease a loaf tin.
- In a medium sized bowl mix together the banana, butter, sugar, eggs, milk and vanilla.
- In a separate large bowl mix together the cinnamon, salt, spelt flour and baking powder.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry and stir until all the ingredients are well combined. Gently fold through the choc chunks.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf tin and bake in the oven for 50-55 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before turning out onto a board and slicing.
Rebecca Pope Sydney Food & Lifestyle Blogger https://rebeccapope.com.au/