Zataar Spiced Pumpkin with a Tahini Yoghurt Dressing
A warming and flavoursome middle eastern style dish.
- 1kg pumpkin, cut into 2cm slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons zataar spice mix
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Tahini Yoghurt Dressing
- 3/4 cup natural or greek yoghurt
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- pinch of salt & pepper
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds, to garnish
- 1 handful chopped parsley, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the pumpkin slices onto the tray and drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle on the zataar spice mix, salt and pepper.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- To make the dressing, whisk all the ingredients in a medium sized bowl until thoroughly combined.
- To assemble the salad, place the sliced pumpkin onto a serving plate. Drizzle over the tahini dressing and finish off with some pomegranate seeds and chopped parsley.
Rebecca Pope Sydney Food & Lifestyle Blogger https://rebeccapope.com.au/