Zucchini, Feta & Mint Fritters
A delicious and filling staple to have in the fridge or freezer for the working week! They are extremely versatile and make for a great breakfast option, topped with bacon and poached eggs, or simply added to the kid’s lunchboxes.
- 3 zucchinis, grated
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk of choice
- 200gm feta, crumbled
- 2 cups of self-raising flour
- 1 cup of mint, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt & cracker pepper
- Olive Oil, for frying.
- In a large bowl place the grated zucchini, eggs, milk, 150gm feta, flour, ¾ of the mint, seasoning and stir well.
- Heat a non stick pan over medium heat & add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Spoon the mixture into the pan, so they form round patty shapes. Make sure you only do 3-4 at a time, so you don’t overcrowd the pan.
- Cook the fritters for about 2-3 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Remove from the pan and place on some kitchen paper to cool. Repeat with the rest of the mixture.
- Top with the extra crumbled feta and chopped mint.
Rebecca Pope Sydney Food & Lifestyle Blogger https://rebeccapope.com.au/